National Walk to Work Day – get involved! Taking simple steps to improve your health could pay dividends years down the line. Getting involved in National Walk to Work Day could help put you on the right track to a healthier you.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can, for at least a floor or two. Once that gets easier, add another floor.
- Instead of using the breakroom or restroom nearest your workstation, use one farther away, maybe even on another floor – and take the stairs each time you go.
- Walk to a coworker’s desk or office to talk instead of using email, IM or the phone. The personal interaction is an added bonus!
- Join or start a recreational sports league at your workplace.
- Form a walking club or team to walk together at work.
- Schedule walking meetings for informal discussions and brainstorming.
- Get off the bus or train a few blocks early and walk the rest of the way to work or home. If you drive to work, park as far away from the entrance as you can.
- Walk to a nearby restaurant for lunch instead of driving or ordering in.